Nov 15, 2008

Reverse Bradley Effect....suckers!

At a now later point in time I decided to add a quick blurb on what the "Bradley Effect" is. After telling this to some people in person, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Sorry, since Bush began sucking at life (and more importantly, since I started realizing this for myself) I listen to NPR in the morning these days - I hear crap like this.

[The Bradley Effect] theory proposes that some voters tend to tell pollsters that they are undecided or likely to vote for a black candidate, and yet, on election day, vote for his white opponent. It was named after Tom Bradley, an African-American who lost the 1982 California governor's race despite being ahead in voter polls going into the elections. -Wikipedia
Over the weeks leading up to the election I was of course having lots of conversations with people on their choice for president. One friend in particular was dead set on McCain. I didn't try to sway her vote, but I was truly surprised in following up that she had this to say:

"Last second in the booth, I voted Obama. Dont know why, I just did."

I didn't inquire further, but it was the best email all week, and that's all she wrote.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: