Nov 15, 2007

Welcome To This World


Music: jazz station on tv

Location: Lauren's basement, Brisbane Australia
-------------------------------------------------

This being my first posting to this newly created blog, I didn't want to start just with my trip (the initial reason behind creating it). I had to ask myself: Why blog? I don't know really. Maybe you're interested in some of what I'm thinking or doing - you tell me. Or wait, I'll tell you. Blogging certainly isn't a new trend. I'm not sure I was ever that interested until recently when my family created one. I've told a few stories on the MySpace blog, but even that's not kept up to date. And this probably won't be either, but for now I'm happy to have it setup and start sharing my thoughts, perceptions, and adventures. I really do wonder though...is there anyone actually reading this??

The name behind the URL comes from a Jeff Buckley song, I woke up in a strange place, and just seems to fit...me. I wish I could tell all the really crazy stories here, but then you'd probably think I'm as weird as I actually am, among many other things for certain. Furthermore, a few rules I'll try to follow from here on out:

1) be concise & trim the fat
2) details are good, but only when they are good details
3) I'll try to tell you something you didn't already know, whether it's truth or not!
4) Always set the preface.
There's plenty more, but I just can't think of them all right now.

So enjoy, I hope you do anyway. It's certainly a minor pain keeping a private and public journal, so I hope this gets some web-play.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." H. Thompson

-yours truly

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

michaeljessnoahjonette said...

Miguel! Sounds like an amazing time! I am soooo soooo very jealous! Can't wait to hear all of your stories and see all of your pics! Have fun, be safe! xoxox Jonette

Molly said...

Is that your Fiji mugshot?

(courtesy of Larry Rice)